Saturday, August 18, 2007

Southwest Artisans' Cooperative is up and running!



I've really let my blog slide in the past three months or so. Bullhead City, Arizona now has an artists' cooperative! My sister-in-law, Norma, our good friend, Richard, and myself have been working diligently for the past nine months establishing an art co-op. We figured the biggest hurdle would be to find an affordable storefront - but we found one! And in the most perfect setting, located in Get Framed, a framing and matting shop. The owner of Get Framed had just started renting out the store next to her, opened the wall dividing the two stores and started selling art supplies. Word didn't get around town that she had art supplies so she offered to rent out half the store to us. We are now set up and ready to go! So far, we have eight members: three painters, one potter/jeweler and four other jewelers. Anyone out there want to join us? We have a consignor coming in from Flagstaff and maybe one from Mohave Valley.


In the meantime, I continue working on my Art Cards - and I've discovered Inktense watercolor pencils - oooh! are they nice! Rosie, the bunny rabbit, is my third drawing with them. They add a softer, more diffused look than just plain color pencils. I'll try not to let the old blogger here get so behind again!

No comments:

Sedona

Sedona